the padded cage

i like it here.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

dreamscapes


in my limited free time, i read. for fun. [an interesting concept, i know] i am now labouring through a tale devised by mr edgar allen poe. a haunted house. a deceased sister. a languishing brother.

*He becomes weak. feeble. loses strength. no vigor.
He exists in misery. disheartening conditions in his prison of wretched mourning.
He pines away in longing, apart from friends and family. He yearns for a change from dull routine.
All this to gain sympathy from the storyteller.*


I labour through this tale. i see myself in this tragedy. trudging through life, seeing no end to the misery. It's tear-inducing. which makes reading by candlelight slightly more challenging...

to burn the house down or not to burn the house down. that is the question..

[can you remember when we used to laugh?]

9 Comments:

Blogger AristoNeeks said...

be not mislead - i didnt quote mr poe. what i type is what i remember from and experienced when reading this sordid tale.

i wonder what's going to happen next.. will the dead rise? will the brother, in his wretched state, join his sibling in the kingdom of the Dead? all of the above?

*suspense*

9:21 am  
Blogger kitty said...

Neko, how do you find being 23? Is it a good age that I can look forward to? 22 seems such a difficult and confusing year, I need some hope.

4:22 pm  
Blogger AristoNeeks said...

hi kirstin..

i find 23 to be much like 22..

truthfully, im in denial.. :1

you're only as old / mature / young as you make your mind up to be..

im stuck on 15.

you?

4:31 pm  
Blogger kitty said...

I feel like a 5 year old girl. (Not very usefull since I am busy looking for work and need to be grown up and realistic.)

Are you studying? Or working?

Also, why do you say I have done so much with my life?

4:57 pm  
Blogger mike said...

People look at me funny when I tell them I read for fun. Isnt it amazing how no one reads? I mean... what do they do all the time?

Reading Catcher in the Rye again at the moment... gosh, I love that book!

7:43 pm  
Blogger seminormal said...

"-I am anti-life, the beast of judgement. I am the dark at the end of everything. The end of universes, gods, worlds... of everything.

And what will you be then, Dreamlord?

- I am hope."

2:41 am  
Blogger AristoNeeks said...

kirstin..
ive read some of your blog, ie random pieces of your life.. you have achieved much LIFE: friends to share your times with, making memories, seeing movies, going out and seeing the world.. there is much to envy there..

mike..
i agree entirely. there's nothing like a great book to entertain and make you think. i finished "the house of usher" last night. turns out they had buried the poor sister alive. the spooky scratching they heard, was her trying to get out of the tomb.. after a rainy week, she got out and died in her brother's arms. he dies of shock. figures that everyone would die in the end.

ej..
dreams are good friends.. until hope perishes..

8:29 am  
Blogger Lexi said...

readinf for fun is the only type of reading ppl should do

5:44 pm  
Blogger AristoNeeks said...

lexi.. i couldnt agree more.. its the best way to broaden them horizons.. learn more about life.. and yourself..

11:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home