the padded cage

i like it here.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

ample opportunity for procrastination


writers

i am in love with mr neil gaiman.

i started reading anansi boys sunday morning. and i couldnt and didnt stop till i got to the end of the story. gripping, wonderfully woven tale.

*my thanks to my eternal lover for supplying this epic experience*

natch, i also loved the Endless, reading about their desires, destinies, delerium and unavoidable demise. and the undeterred downward spiral into utter nothingness we all have to endure at some stage or another. sooner or later...

*loose ends always need tying. go figure.*

as i was saying, before so rudely interrupting myself, when i like the way an author writes, i usually wind up loving everything said author had taken the time to put on paper and have published.

another case in point, mr stephen king.

brilliantly brilliant stories. altho, in my humble opinion, i think his short stories are the best. undeniably. night shift being my personal fave.

--if anyone can find a copy of carrie for me [i read it at some point of my adolescence during high school – yaay, proper libraries!!] please, feel free to forward it to me. id be much appreciative.--

i hate it when i see something in a shop that i reallay like, have the money for, but then not purchase. case in point, carrie. saw it for 20 bucks. didnt buy it. now, naturally and based entirely on my specific brand of luck, i cant find that damned book anywhere. and im not paying more than 70 bucks for that book either. its waaaaayyy too thin.



*im calm*

*you know – nothing beats putting a pen to paper when wanting to record one’s thoughts. i dunno – typing just doesnt have the same sort of... Artistry*

7 Comments:

Blogger arcadia said...

completely share your feelings about gaiman. didn't like anansi boys that much though...neverwhere or american gods are both much better books. have you read gaiman's blog? it's fascinating.

9:35 am  
Blogger AristoNeeks said...

the man has a blog??

out with it, woman!! what's the address??

:)

11:45 am  
Blogger AristoNeeks said...

nevermind -- found it.

c",

11:51 am  
Blogger arcadia said...

aren't you even more in love with him now that you've read the journal?

7:55 pm  
Blogger morbid misanthrope said...

I remember reading the Sandman graphic novels just last year. Brilliant. I suppose I didn't read them any sooner--like, years ago--because all the gothic kids were into Sandman.

I recently saw Mirrormask, a Gaiman movie. It was trippy--not a word I use often, but a word that describes the movie perfectly.

12:29 am  
Blogger mike said...

I started reading American Gods, and I was really enjoying it, but I had to take it back to the library because I was going back to Grahamstown.

I was looking at Anansi Boys in Exclusive Books today. I'll try find it at the library.

5:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.take2.co.za/product.php?id=1290038

Carrie = R42

Cool blog! Sal iets cool sê as ek iets cool het om te sê! Tot later


The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

1:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home