the padded cage

i like it here.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pristine blossoms of the over-mind




Never mind all of that.

Because I am that kind of person, I have a list to tell me what I need to do. next to each item on said list, is a due date/time. without my list, I am lost.

I am a chronic procrastinator. It’s what I do. see? I should be working right now, but I’m not. Instead, I sit here and just wish the time away. What of my work, you ask? Well, that is to be done hurriedly and slovenly when pressure ensues.

I am still burdened and saddened by thoughts of my ex. The break-up / The love/hate pseudo-friendship that existed for months afterward / The hurtful remarks / The getting to grips with the situation / The new girlfriend / Hearing of the new relationship that so instantly replaced 5 years / The dawning of realisation that that which was will not be again.

Sometimes it’s hard to come to terms with the fact that something you put all your energy into: love, time, money, effort, affection; was all for naught.

He isn’t that into me.

What a harsh reality.

They say things only bother you if you let them. And, only the hurt person can end the hurting cycle. I’m supposed to … just stop feeling hurt, or something. Forgive and forget. Make peace. Time numbs. [insert other over-done axiom of encouragement here]

How do you know when a relationship is well and truly over?

I suppose I have to compile another list.

Ways to get over heartbreak:

1. …

And therein lies the problem.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ways to get over a heartbreak:

1) Time. Because with time comes the realisation that that other person wasn't that amazing afterall.

2) Time. Time spent with those friends who are willing to listen.

3) Time spent with those friends who are unwilling to listen, but who are able to take your mind off things.

4) Time spent in a place, somewhere, anywhere, as long as you never shared the place with the person.

5) Tequila. (Or mojitos, but the mint has to be fresh.)

1:13 pm  
Blogger morbidneko said...

i have time. lots.

erm... tequila would probably kill me...

maybe not such a bad idea after all...

11:30 am  
Blogger Starr Childe said...

heartbreak is an illusion.

10:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home