the padded cage

i like it here.

Friday, July 14, 2006

personality matrix



who can blame my tortured mind for surrendering at this stage?

i dont.

you shouldnt either.

riddle me this -- who determined what constitutes normalcy? for a fact i have surmised that the psychologists and psychiatrists are the most unhinged of us all, friend and neighbours. so, how, in all honesty, can they attempt to fix anyone else?

[rather well known and documented fact that people go into the psychology field to try and figure out their own twisted psyches. ... dear patient, even tho i am waaayyy more screwed up than you, allow me to tell you how to fix your particular problem. what makes me such an expert, you ask? that plaque on the wall. obviously.]

is it normal to have entire dialogues, including many diverse and different personalities, all inside my head, at any given time, about any given topic?

[*sigh* no normal, remember?]

i go about things the wrong way. it cant be helped. just the way i am put together.

*why does my brand of de ja vu always have an ominous air to it?*

omg, this feels familiar... and something bad is about to happen... i just cant remember what... everything is so fuzzy right now... i think, yeah, i may have to sit down... *ughn*

[insert wave of nausea here]

[ed’s note: i hate you i hate you i hate you]

hate is such a strong word.

i wanna be seen. not just in passing either. really be SEEN. clearly. crystal. vividly. lucid... and when you see me-- open your eyes -- no, wider, dammit. *ahem* and when you see me, you will realise that you had never truly lived before meeting me.

can you see me now?

9 Comments:

Blogger seminormal said...

I'm wounded! My heart still calls for the dusty backstreets of Mmabatho...

I agree about the shrinks, though. Don't they have to go for mandatory shink sessions every now and then?

This, as yuo've stated, makes your psych studies all the more...poignant.

8:16 pm  
Blogger jeut said...

Normal is unfortunately determined by society, and not psychologists. Sometimes I'm glad psychologists aren't in charge of "normal", but then again, at least we could point the finger at an individual instead of a collective.

8:20 pm  
Blogger morbid misanthrope said...

Shrinks're a bunch o pervs if ya ask me.

Pervs and unstable, usually; I believe that's sort of what she said, moribund misanthrope. Why don't you have another drink?

Jus' try an' stop me, morbid misanthrope. Oi! malevolent misanthrope jus' kilt 'nother kitten. Haw!

TGIF, fellahs ... TGIF.

11:46 pm  
Blogger mike said...

I get déjá vu quite often. Once weekly, at least. It's usually when I feel some sudden emotion, say jealousy or pain or helplessness. What does it mean? I don't always have an ominous feeling when I get it, but it's still very weird. Everything suddenly seems familiar, the smells, the light, the colours, the sounds. It's weird. Do you think it just has to do with a sudden heightened degree of perception due to the experience of your emotion?

3:25 pm  
Blogger Lexi said...

psychologists in my experience tend to be fake/not really there............cos they are blinded by their own issues they don't know how to interact with diff types of ppl, thereby putting their 'expertise' to waste........

3:54 pm  
Blogger Reenen said...

Ok... Here is what determines Normalcy.

It's called the bell curve, and it is determined by statistics, not by society, not by psychologists, but by numbers.

Lets take IQ for instance. We do 1000 tests. Take the average. Then we calculate the standard deviation from the average, and that which is only one SD away from the average is "Normal".

Here is my view on psychologists. Yes, they are psycho, mostly... but the plaque is indeed what makes them the expert. They tend to be "fake/not really there" because it's how they get trained to protect themselves from not getting drowned in your psychosis.

I hate it too, but how much can we do to save those souls who are not "normal"

According to the DSM IV (or whatever one it is they're using at the moment) a psychological disorder has to be not "normal". That's why for ages homosexuality was considered a disorder. It is still not "normal" in the statistical sense, but it doesn't influence their ability to function which is one of the other criteria for something to be named a disorder.

9:23 am  
Blogger j said...

I sometimes see the future and then when I get there, I'm like "Whoa! De ja vu!"

Happy Monday!

3:56 pm  
Blogger Reenen said...

I also sometimes dream of the future (not very often) and then I think afterwards that was a weird dream.

Then when I get there, I'm like... De ja vu! I remember dreaming about it.

But then I start wondering what does this mean? And it bothers me. Usually I come to the conclusion that my life is on track, and I am where I am supposed to be.

But it's a really odd sensation, and I don't know what to think about it.

It has only happened about 3 times though. I once got a "vision" of a past event too. It didn't involve me though (whilst the others do).

Generally I tend not to remember any of my dreams though.

How does Neko call this again? Verbal diahorrea.

11:49 am  
Blogger AristoNeeks said...

death.. i saw your brand spanking new BANSHEE -- may i say *gasp*

ej.. im sure every shrink has a shrink. and if they dont, they oughta!

jeut.. i guess.. but you cant really blame the psychologist for your own neurosis -- dont they have some sort of clause in their service contracts to mitigate that kind of risk?

morb.. kitty killer? um.. .. excuse me while i scatter..
*watashi wa neko desu!!* .. rough translation: i am a cat!!

mike.. its probably just a glitch in the matrix.

lexi.. expertise? their entire academic endeavor is just a search for meaning in their own lives.. i dunno how much they actually wanna help others.

reenen.. always good to have a stats expert around.. but, your comment is hurting my brain -- im getting varsity flashbacks to stats1. *nooooo!!*

death.. soon i must obtain that godsmack track from you! submit, dammit!!

4:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home