the padded cage

i like it here.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Mike tagged me



so, here are some random facts about me... dunno if il get to 20, im not that interesting.

1. i enjoy rock and alternative music. and a smidgeon of metal.

2. i was born in Belville, Cape Town, 10 April 1983, also at 08h10. i believe it was a sunday morning... i could be wrong. I got pushed out, the natural way.

3. even tho i bitch a lot, my life is actually quite good and i have a lot to be grateful for.

4. i earned my BCom in accounting at Potch varsity 2003, altho i did my 1st year at RAU in Joburg, and i got my HONS at Potch too. now, im studying via UNISA to get CTA. [exams start in T minus 4 days]

5. my boyfriend studies at stel, but lives in Jbay. We have been in a relationship for 4 years. all of them long distance. [we were at the same high school for 3 years, and if we had 2 conversations during that time, itd be a lot]

6. i have very few friends. i define a friend as someone you can hang out with and depend on and enjoy being with.

7. i own my very own little car. its silver. its a corsa. im paying it off over 4 years. so far, ive pretty much only paid the interest. 2,5 more years to go.

8. i enjoy drawing, painting, writing, reading and PC games [mostly RTS and RPG] and some anime.

9. i have a shitty pc at home.

10. im a short person... bordering on being a hobbitses. [1,55m]

11. i have one sibling, a younger brother who is MUCH cooler than i am. he plays guitar and introduced me to my current boyfriend. He got married this year and lives in Pretoria.

12. im bored most of the time.

13. i recently started gyming. [as in, monday] and i enjoy it, which came as a major surprise to me.

14. i hate my job. [trainee accountant, 2nd year articles]

15. if i dont pass my exam, my senior manager said they are gonna fire me at the end of this year. no pressure.

16. sarcasm is my friend.

17. i have read 90% of Stephen King's books.

18. im growing my hair till i get married. (if il ever get married) right now, it covers my chest. studies show that girls with long hair look more attractive to guys, coz it exudes youth and virility. apparently.

19. im a girl.

20. i wanna travel the world, but dont have the self-discipline to save sum munny to do so.

thanks for the tag, Mike! i dont have much to say these days. studying is kicking my ass. *^_^*

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger AristoNeeks said...

arigatoo gozaimasu, death-sama.

ive tried this studying to classical music thing... baroque is very good. i dunno. like i said, exams r kicking my ass.

here's another random fact: when i was about 12, my family went to disneyland, orlando florida. spent 2 weeks there. we mostly met tourists, which sux. but, did meet an american guy called adam. he was super cute. was fun. altho, the epcot centre was the kewlest place to hang out. my bro and i spent most of our time there.

i LOVE traveling!

12:34 pm  
Blogger mike said...

Your younger brother is married? Oh my word. That's cool for him, frightening for everyone else. Hmm.

I like number 16. It suits you. :)

1:39 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

A girl exuding virility. Hhhhmmmm...

6:47 pm  
Blogger mike said...

I picked that up too, EOH. :) Tee hee.

But we must not be sexist! Power to the womyn if they want it, and all that.

6:57 pm  
Blogger morbid misanthrope said...

When studying is kicking your ass, punch a book. It'll make you feel like a badass.

7:24 am  
Blogger Wendy said...

Hobbitses! Very funny! Bored all the time huh? Maybe I need to find you some more Mensa puzzles...

4:05 pm  
Blogger j said...

1983! I never knew that you were three weeks older than myself.

Quick question, if you are shorter, then you don't have to grow your hair as long as a taller person would have to in order to look more virile,or not?

5:32 pm  
Blogger Lexi said...

hey i was at a national agm yesterday where most of the other ppl were really short,you would have felt tall :p

6:59 pm  
Blogger Debaser said...

Unrelated comment: I found copies of The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster in the bookstore last week. I was trying to remeber who it was that wrote a post about it. Only now remembered it was YOU!

7:07 am  
Blogger AristoNeeks said...

lmao, thanks peoples!

hmmm... "virility" wrong word? i think i meant "nubile".

here's another random fact -- i am AFRIKAANS. i studied in afrikaans all my life. and both my parents and their families are afrikaans. but, i prefer english. my english is usually pretty good.

j, i didnt know i was older than you! i knew i was older than lexi... hmm, i feel ancient now.. i always think of people who are more intelligent and mature, as older. easy misconception to have, i guess.

thanks, lexi, was just thinking ive been missing you on my blog lately. ^_^

actually, if you remember ej from seminormal.blogspot.com, he mentioned spaghetti monsterism on his blog first. and my lover, p@, told me about it before i read it on ej's blog. so, they were, in fact, first...

this has been fun, thanks, guys!

1:31 pm  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Well, "pass the test or you're fired" works as motivation to study, in my book.

12:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey

I wanna see you do numb 18. hehehe.. didnt know your brother was married...

Good Luck with the papers. Lemme know how it goes...tata

2:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey babe, where you been, missed ya. You seem pretty cool-
hey, your intelligent-that says something in my book.
I just finished Tailsman & hearts in paradise by King.
Hair down to the girls hah?
How bout some pics for the dirty old man?
...Remember life is to short to be small.

10:50 pm  
Blogger Trundling Grunt said...

16 - with you there. Trouble is Americans don't understand it very well. Or irony.

You are way more interesting than you give yourself credit for.

4:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home