the padded cage

i like it here.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

good music – nostalgia






last week, a guy at work let me rip a copy of a cd he bought. he was like – you gotta listen to this, you’ll love it.

he was right.

he usually is, as far as my taste goes.

so, i thought to myself... [over-analyst that i am] ... what does that say about him? and me? is it a talent he has, guessing/ knowing what kind of music any given person would like? or, does he know me that well? am i that transparent?

...

reminds me of my primary school days. my first boyfriend. he used to make me mixed tapes of songs he liked. thinking maybe i would like them. this was when cd’s were just coming out in SA. [or, where i was, anyway.] i only got my 1st cd when i was std 3, or something to that effect.

mixed tapes. heh. that was a long time ago.

**general nostalgia**

i wonder whatever happened to that guy...

4 Comments:

Blogger mike said...

I think you think too much! It probably means you once mentioned: 'I like Band A' and while he was listening to Band B, he thought: 'This is similar to Band A. Omg. Neko likes Band A! I'll be a good person and introduce her to Band B.'

And Bob's your uncle!

1:43 pm  
Blogger AristoNeeks said...

i do over-think a bit. ..

you're probably right, he knows which bands i like. ^_^

btw, remember our phone call? who met who first how? anyway, i went through my archives -- you started commenting on my blog end of may last year..

2:20 pm  
Blogger morbid misanthrope said...

What CD was it?

Maybe the guy that gave you the CD works for the band, and he gets a commission every time he passes their CD on to someone new. Then again, if you burned the CD instead of buying it new, his mission failed. Hmmm ... gorilla marketing is a tricky business.

One time, I was given a mix CD by someone who thought I would like it. I didn't, though, so I burned down her house.

2:35 am  
Blogger AristoNeeks said...

It was some sort of (yes, i know you wouldn't like it) koRn unplugged cd. I'm not nuts bout EVERYTHING they did, but that one was pretty kewl.

(note to self - assume NOTHING about morb - and NEVER give him/it/her any cd's ever)

8:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home