the padded cage

i like it here.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

i woke up today and wished for tomorrow




Tomorrow i head out. Gonna be a day of much travel - the culmination of 3 weeks’ planning.

It is a long weekend. Friday – Freedom Day. Tuesday – Workers Day. Monday – I put in some annual leave. Voila – Extended weekend.

Where am I going?

Well, I’m heading to Port Elizabeth. Flying to East London first tho, flights to PE were miraculously sold out, at weird times or just plain ole much too expensive. This was the cheapest combo i could dream up. [and that includes looking at bus schedules. Go Greyhound!]

anyway.

I’m very excited.

My journey starts after work today. I drive the 280 odd km’s to Johannesburg. Sleep over at my brother’s flat in Centurion, Pretoria, Gauteng. He takes me to the airport (Joburg international) at some ungodly hour Friday morning. 8am, i land in EL. I meet up with a friend i havnt seen in ELEVEN YEARS. He has agreed to drive me to PE. 3,5hrs later, i meet up with my bf (who flew in from Stellenbosch) in PE.

Talk about planning.

This will be my third visit with him this year. There won’t be another public holiday causing a long weekend till September. Dam.

Anyway, I’ll be back in Blogland Wednesday. ^_^

Wish me luck!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger morbid misanthrope said...

Good luck on your journey, intrepid adventurer.

I can safely say there is nothing in this universe I enjoy nearly enough to endure that hectic travel schedule. Of course, I have to pay someone to stab me in the neck every morning just so I’ll be annoyed enough to get out of bed….

Have a safe trip.

12:21 pm  
Blogger AristoNeeks said...

an adventurer is me!

thanks, morb. Road-tripping is great when in good company.

12:57 pm  
Blogger Anni said...

stellenbosch...port elizabeth ...ah neko, youre in my stomping grounds! hope you have a great time :)

9:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good trip, Neko.

And September isn't so far away. :)

2:12 pm  
Blogger mike said...

It's OR Tambo, not Johannesburg International!

:)

9:50 am  
Blogger AristoNeeks said...

"joburg internash" is a functional name. it tells you what it is. i like it.

all this name changing every other year is silly. and expensive. yaay for mr tambo, he's in the history books. but, its less confusing for me to just put a place name to an airport. wouldnt wanna catch a flight to the wrong part of the country.

10:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home