the padded cage

i like it here.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Juxtaposition


Today, I will talk about joy.

You may even say, that I wish to wax lyrical about it. Ha ha. Anyway.

Joy is when I see the one person I love most in the world. Especially, when it has been many months since I last saw said person.

This is shit.

It has just come to my attention that I need some chocolate. It may even lighten my mood. Who knows.

So, today, I went to the local traffic department. I had to get my drivers’ license renewed. (It expired last week).

Although we could not be more than 15 people in the queue when I got there, I spent 3,5 hours waiting and queuing. It was not a fun morning.

Not only are there zero instructions and surly government officials, but, seating is limited and the costs are extremely high.

I mean, where is my R250 going? And R20 for 2 mini id photos? (Keeping in mind that they only used one, but sell them in 2s. you’re also not allowed to get ID photo’s from anyone but them. Can you say “rip-off”?)

On the upside, I met some kewl individuals. It’s amazing who you may find yourself queuing with and the conversations that may spring from these chance meetings.

I met a primary school teacher and a nurse. They had some interesting views on life, love and everything in-between.

It is a strange phenomenon how one shares hopes and dreams with random strangers at times.

They had some good advice. Care to hear it? (well, read it)

The best piece of advice I got today, is that – I’m not getting any younger. What I regret now, I’ll regret forever. Therefore, I should do what I want to while I still can. I don’t want to regret not doing what I wanted to when it’s all over…

So. What to do then?

I’ve identified, (with the help of my loving lover) what exactly it is I want in the perfect job for me. More or less the following:
  • I want to be able to work flexi-hours.
  • I want to be able to work in a pair of jeans and my DCs.
  • I don’t want to have to report to an asshole boss.
  • I wanna have job satisfaction – like I achieved something, or helped someone.
  • I want recognition for a job well done.
  • I want to receive a market-related salary – enough to be comfortable.
  • I wanna be creative in my job.

    Yeah – that’s about it.

    The trick would now be to match a job to this.

    Oh, and I enjoy drawing.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger morbid misanthrope said...

Scientific studies have shown that chocolate is a mood elevator. I believe they tested this on cranky mother bears. It turns out if you get a mother bear all pissed off by kicking her cubs around, she'll calm down once you shoot her full of chocolate bullets. Science is an amazing thing.

It's interesting to know that DMVs, or traffic departments, are a pain in the ass pretty much anywhere you go. Thankfully, whenever I need a picture for my license, the folks at the DMV just use the one from all the wanted posters.

Good luck with your ideal job. Now that you have determined the requirements of said job, I'm sure it will be much easier to find.

4:15 am  
Blogger AristoNeeks said...

shockingly, i still have no idea what job would make me happy.

i envy people who do what they enjoy, and get paid for it.

what do i like?

watching tv. traveling. going on holiday. drawing/painting. reading. playstation. pc gaming. blogging. 0_^ tennis.. laughing. erm..

sigh.

4:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Problem - Queing
Solution - Gun

You might try becoming a police sketch artist in Japan? Then you can draw cool anime like pictures of the yakuza bad assessss. (Weet nie hoveel s'e nie)

Bly om te sien jy voel beter! Keep yer head up little soldier!

Groente en speenwense
Die Poert

10:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember to get RECOGNITION for a job well done... u need to first do a job well!

Just a piece of advice .... use it or don't - U need 2 change ur attitude towards life and work & miracles will happen.........

Gud luk!!

11:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading all ur blogs made me realise 1 thing.....

U need help!!!

Sori I would have offered, but then I would no longer be an optimist :(

11:57 am  
Blogger AristoNeeks said...

the only help i require, is help with this darn safety on an AK i bought from a 10 year old Elbonian terrorist..

kids these days..

12:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home