the padded cage

i like it here.

Friday, July 06, 2007

In an instant






Tis a foggy foggy mind that sometimes leads my tired body.

Like today.

Impending agony numbs me. I am depressed and deflated long before the source of torment presents itself. This alone is enough to make my mood plunge even further into the depths of wailing torture.

I’m screaming. Silently. On the inside.

These zombie eyes that almost meet yours are cast down in fatigue. Emotional hurt usurps energy from the soul as efficiently as the sun takes water from the earth. It’s a universal happenstance – and there’s nothing one can do to stop it.

Two days from now, I will be alone again.

Alone, to study. To diet. To work. To be protected and held captive in my self-constructed shell, away from the world. To be by myself, again.

Alone, I suffer.

Silently, I cry.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger eric1313 said...

Alone you are not alone
for we are all alone
and that is enough
to keep company.

10:26 am  
Blogger AristoNeeks said...

There is something to
be said for physical touch.
I'll miss it so much.

i like haikus.

10:30 am  
Blogger morbid misanthrope said...

How's that old saying go?

You're never alone when you make a smile your umbrella.

Something like that, anyway.

11:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're never alone with schizophrenia.

10:58 pm  
Blogger eric1313 said...

and that was one demoralizing haiku, my friend.

I like them that way, so don't get me wrong.

I speak to you, silence
I know your sound well
The voice of an unused grave
but warmer, with reason
still,
be still
your voice is fading
the city chases you away
I speak, still
but not with you
for you are gone
this noise I find
strange
like my voice

but I will wait
until my friend comes
and we will say nothing
but know everything
wrapped in your blanket
with only the sound of thought

12:50 am  
Blogger Wendy said...

Uhggg, diet. I hate that word.

11:40 am  
Blogger AristoNeeks said...

silently i sleep,
side by side in that cold grave.
alone i expire
.

11:41 am  
Blogger AristoNeeks said...

hi, wendy!

not so much diet, as just getting back to healthier munching habits..

^_^

i've been an overly gluttonous little girl as of late.

shame on me.

11:43 am  
Blogger eric1313 said...

You are good, Neko. Great lines.

10:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home