the padded cage

i like it here.

Monday, July 09, 2007



Roll for initiative

I stand at the edge of an icy chasm. Darkness and fog surround me. It is a cold, barren wasteland – stretching into an eternity of uncertainty.

I stand alone.

The chasm is my life.

The plunging depths echo of the choices ahead. I don’t feel sane or rational.

So, here are my choices as I see them:

- Stay where I am – expire in a downward spiral of mediocrity and tedium, ad infinitum.
- Stay in my chosen career – but, do Graphic Design, and now – a new entry – a Freelance Journalism course. [Combined cost – 10 grand]
- Study only towards my chosen career. [Cost if pass – 7 grand, a life of work-study-sleep, rinse and repeat for 2 more years. Same job.]
- Move to the city, abandon CA, do IT.
- Quit everything. Become a hobo. Mooch off others. Lose insanity gradually. Inevitable death.


I’ve sent in a request for information on Graphic Design and Freelance Journo-ism to a distance learning institution. My books for my next Accounting Exam lay open on my desk at home. I’m scheduled on a new audit client.

Who said I couldn’t do or have it all?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger eric1313 said...

Inefectual?

Let me write you more when I get to the university. Don't forget your bonus to initiative!

4:07 pm  
Blogger mike said...

Do what you want. Forget about the cost: your happiness is worth more than any of that!

(Also, if you did graphic design I might see some cheerier posts!)

9:45 pm  
Blogger morbid misanthrope said...

I've read that women these days can do everything a man can do, but better. If that's the case, you should have no problem doing everything all at once. Good luck.

4:13 am  
Blogger arcadia said...

i think the first step is to get out of maftown. no one should live there over the age of thirteen :-)

9:54 am  
Blogger eric1313 said...

Ineffectual was exactly right about the feelngs in the poem, the urgency to write, and the inabillity. That board turned into a mad house because of some guy I went to school with screaming and pitching a fit about an inaccuracy in the police shooting segment.

You really help me to quantify logic, friend. Now I need to put this to work!

10:46 am  
Blogger AristoNeeks said...

hi, mr eric.

thank you for your words. they mean a lot to me.

it seems the only place i can do anything right is in the blogosphere.

good to see you again, mike. ^_^ you've got the cutest little furry rodent!

aye, morb, i just hope i do well.

who knows what the future may bring..

4:54 pm  
Blogger AristoNeeks said...

you may be onto something, arc...

but, us beggars can't be choosers.

im planning my escape at this very moment, and have been doing so for quite some time.

10:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home