the padded cage

i like it here.

Monday, October 15, 2007

MArrY me, Bury mE




Of the Human Condition

Let’s say that the walls are all closing in on me. Let’s say that all this anguish is self-imposed. Let’s say that there is nothing after this to justify the pain and suffering. What then?

What about the meaning of life? And in which narrow-minded group does that place you? Or I? Or, anyone for that matter, coz that’s just how we roll?

And what of the creation of unwanted additions to life? The turmoil of secret joy and fear and regret and. The Universal Financial Question: How the hell am I gonna pay for this?

**continuously for the next couple years, obviously. did you think this was gonna be a just another fun ride? no responsibilities, no regrets?**

But, I digress.

Should I smile in the face of murder, play again another day. But, thanks for the quarter, kid. No worries.

**
this isn’t gonna work, you know. you can’t do it by yourself, and you know that. do you really need me to tell you this?**

Just another day in suburbia, just another life or death decision.

I can’t find the door, help me, the walls are closer now than they were a moment ago.

Or, is it just me?

**maybe it’s just you after all..**

If this is the end, should I be happy or should I be sad? Relieved or worried?

But, I’m still trying to escape the absolute loneliness. Have I mentioned that I don’t wanna do this alone? Did I?

**we leave this … plane of existence same way we entered it – alone.**

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Some say the meaning of life is to learn something on its journey. Which to me is the same as saying that the meaning of life is to be disillusioned. Its an analogy that's open to interpretation. Here's another one. Life is a crazy rollercoaster ride. When it's over, you get off shaking with fear... and smiling. It goes very fast. And you think you are alone. But if you can overcome the g-forces and turn your head, you'd see that I'm beside you. And many others are behind you all the way. So sit back and enjoy the fear. We're all suckers for punishment on this thing.

5:14 pm  
Blogger eric1313 said...

I used ti have problems being alone. Now, I'm alone all the time, it seems.

It's all in how we deal with solitude. I've been writing with my spare time--time spared to me by life. Life seems to be passing me by, but I have many more years and decades left in me. Who knows what the future holds. Not I. Probably not you, unless you've been holding out on us about your clairvoyant abilities. Not even Merlin could see the future, at least he couldn't when Arthur needed him to do so the most.

Was sorry to read that your weekend was a depressing one. I hope the best for you. But... You seem to understand that you're it's your existence and you call the shots. I have confidence that you'll pull through.

And you could always become a writer in English. You speak it better than a lot of people in my country. You write in it with imagination.

And there's always disneyland!

peace out.

5:00 am  
Blogger AristoNeeks said...

thank you, guys.

you don't know what the smiles you bring to my face mean to me.

we all have down time, i suppose.

8:11 am  
Blogger morbid misanthrope said...

Another day in quicksand is always better than a day in molten lead.

6:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home