the padded cage

i like it here.

Monday, October 08, 2007

Random Tagg

Arc tagged me.

Here are 8 random facts about me. I'm not following the rules, coz im not tagging anyone else.

mwoahahahah.

so sue me.


8 facts you really didn't need to know about Neeks:

  • I have a profile on Facebook. I no longer want one, coz the craze has gotten ridiculous, with fictional characters talking to other fictional characters there, but i can't bring myself to delete it.
  • Neko means Cat. I'm a cat person. I love cats and would love to have a kitty familiar again. I can't due to the nature of my job, I'm always on the road. I've had 2 kitties in my life, Garfield and Chloe.
  • I finally bought Singstar for Playstation 2 2 weeks ago. I have dominated since i started playing, about 3 months ago. No one I know has beat me yet. Even though I love it, I have never done and probably will never do any Kareoke.
  • I have a really weird accent. This is due to moving all over SA, and even visiting in other countries. I pick up accents relatively quickly. I still roll some of my R's because of the time my family when to Disneyland (Orlando, Florida) more than 10 years ago.
  • I'm pretty sure my second language (English), is MUCH better than my home language (Afrikaans). I've always found English easier and more interesting than afr. All the movies and more enjoyable books to me, have always been in English. In fact, I hava a pile of English books at home, in my bookcase that I've bought, but not gotten around to reading yet.
  • In my personal opinion, I don't think I'm really good at anything. Hear me out. I mean, I've always been an achiever, but, never as brainy as the top of the brainiest. I'm a B student. I will always be a B student. And I'll always have to work for that B. I mean, I'm usually better at doing things than most people, but, not as good as the best. Where does that leave me? Who knows.
  • I try to be positive as much as I can. But, I'm very unhappy about my life. The only source of pain and anger, is my job, which I wouldnt mind so much, if ... I don't know. If some of the people were nicer, and deadlines didn't exist. I might as well go live in Dreamland. The only joy in my life, is the boyfriend I have. But, the visits are few and far between, coz he is on the other side of the country. What's a girl to do?
  • I have really great nails. I probably get them from my mom. They look great without a huge amount of work. They are of good strength and good shape. I've never been in a physical girl fight, but if I were, my opponent would probably leave the fight sans eyes, and with a couple clumps of her hair gone AWOL.

Thanks for the tag, Arc! Maybe one day I'll learn to be interesting and not put everyone to sleep with my repetitve b*tching. ^_^

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger arcadia said...

i have kind of a strange accent too. must be a mafikeng-thing :-)

4:01 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

People always ask me if I'm from England, or Australia, lol! So you're not alone there. I just think that if you can avoid "tawkeeng laaik dis" then you should do it. But I love my language and I always will.

You might not be really good at anything, but I bet you are kinda good at a lot of things. Your strength, my dear, is versatility. And remember that it's just a job: don't allow it to become your whole life.

5:40 pm  
Blogger AristoNeeks said...

awwww.. thanks, guys.

yeah, my accent is something else.. i've been asked if i'm european, american, portuguese, etc.

People in the North West and Joburg think I'm from the Cape. The people in the Cape believe I'm a Transvaler.

So, what am I?

A South African, would be my guess.

8:11 am  
Blogger morbid misanthrope said...

I have a weird accent, too. But that's probably because a stroke left half of my face temporarily paralyzed. It also crippled my sense of decency. Go fucking figure.

8:55 am  
Blogger eric1313 said...

Your accent sounds very interesting, Neko. I'd love to hear it sometime.

You are good at using the English language to express yourself. That's a good thing.

Maybe you should live in Disneyland, not Dreamland! The employment equally sucks, but they aren't too big on deadlines at amusement parks. Got to keep the line alive or the folks go home and take their money with them.

glad to see you, Neko.

take care.

8:14 pm  
Blogger AristoNeeks said...

That's not a half-bad idea, Mr eric!

Now.. all I need is a Visa and a work permit...

I couldn't possibly be down in the happiest place on earth!

3:14 pm  
Blogger eric1313 said...

Maybe not a bad idea. You might puke from all the fake 'nice', as opossed to actual kindness that is the Magic Kingdom.

Hope you're having a great weekend. And hope the job treats you well.

peace out.

9:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home